There are so many baby registry welcome box options out there and so little time. So the question begs to be asked, which welcome box is worth it? While I will not be answering that question, I would like to share what we received in our baby registry welcome box from Amazon.
See also: Why we chose Amazon’s Baby Registry!
What is a registry welcome box?
Amazon’s baby registry welcome box is their way of thanking you for choosing their website for your baby registry. While creating a baby registry makes it convenient for friends and family to shop for your bundle of joy, it’s also a great way to drive traffic to their commerce site.
The more people purchase from your registry, the more money for Amazon. Therefore it makes sense to incentivize you to add as much as you can to your baby registry.
How do I get my registry welcome box from Amazon?
Since Amazon wants to incentivize you to place items on your registry, they created a checklist. Their baby registry checklist does help you choose items to add to your registry, especially if you are a first-time mom (FTM). This checklist will remind you to add everything from strollers to diaper rash cream to books for your baby.
Once you have checked off every category, Amazon lets you know that your registry welcome box is ready! Add it to your cart and don’t be alarmed if it says it costs $35 – it is free. Once you select your check-out options, it will give you a promotional credit to apply and you will be able to order your baby registry welcome box for free!
What is in Amazon’s Baby Registry Welcome Box?
I found Amazon’s welcome box to be worth the time and effort in completing by baby registry. The box has nine samples and products that will surely be used! (The following contains Amazon affiliate links.)
The following is what I received:
- Single-Use Dreft Stage 1: Newborn laundry detergent. This detergent was described as hypoallergenic and phosphate-free.
- One pair of Philips Avent disposable breast pads and a breast-feeding guide.
- One pack of 10 Seventh Generation Free & Clear Wipes. The package states that these wipes are fragrance-free with 0% alcohol, parabens, or phenoxyethanol.
- One ounce of Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion. This lotion states that it is fragrance and paraben- free.
- A Munchkin Portable, Disposable Diaper Pail. This paid is free-standing with a resealable lid and can hold up to 30 diapers.
- An Amazon Essentials onesie in size 3-6 months.
- Philips Avent 4 oz bottle in size 1. This size is meant for 0 months and up with an “extra soft silicone nipple” and is described to be “ideal for newborn and breatfed babies of all ages”.
- Amazing Baby Muslin Swaddle. This swaddle has a very generous size of 46″ by 46″ with an adorable zebra pattern all over.
- The Pampers Swaddlers Gift, which came with several items, including:
- A changing pad
- A coupon book
- Another single-use Dreft detergent
- One diaper in an unmarked size. (I would assume a size 1 or 2.)
- One 6-pack of pampers sensitive wipes
The Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box is Worth It!
George and I had already decided that Amazon would be a registry site for us, if not the registry site for us (see the post on why HERE). It did seem over-whelming to have so many items on our registry at first, but after we earned the welcome box, we tweaked our baby registry as we saw fit. I absolutely considered this free box worth the time and effort.
What registry or baby welcome boxes have you opted into, if any?
What did you think about them? Let me know in the comments below or on any of my social media platforms!
If you’re still procastinating, get your Amazon Baby Registry started, today! (Shop Amazon – Create an Amazon Baby Registry)
Until next time! – Cherish